Tuesday 13 September 2011

Fashion Fix: New Season Picks

It's a new dawn, a new day.. A new season with lots of great pieces to offer. This is a first in a series of my top picks from the new season trends.. 
Chelsea Boot by Topshop
The Chelsea boot is here for another season, add a smattering of glitter and you've got a winner on your hands. I've fallen head over heels for these sparkly duos. Glitter Boots? I hear you ask.. well yes, and while I know I'll look back in two or three seasons time and ask myself just what was I thinking by declaring this obsession, I think you'll find glitter + any shoe or boot= fashion gold. These bad boys are from Topshop and are totally perfect for the dark months ahead. They are sold out right now but I remain optimistic!

Click Here to Visit Matches
Metallics are are going to be big, mega big, this season but if you can't bear the thought of a a clingy metallic skirt or a high shine jumper why not ease yourself into the trend with a beautiful metallic bag. My money is on this gorgeous classic bag by Balenciaga. Just Do It.

Click here to visit Matches
The Parka, the undisputed jacket for looking cool while partaking in outdoor pursuits ( I don't ever partake in outdoor pursuits, I was talking about you), is back. Say goodbye to ugly satin or cheap cottons and hello to beautiful detailing and luxurious finishes such as rabbit fur lining and luxe padded bodies. My top pick is this beautiful piece from Weekend Maxmara, it's got an element of the original parka style but is perfect for the months ahead with a warm rabbit fur lining, which I must admit I'm a little partial to.

Click here to visit Urban Outfitters
Aztec Prints are going to be everywhere, it's not the easiest trend to carry off but the only way to make this look your own is to really go for it. Pile loose layers over leggings. Mix graphic tees and knits with the parka above. if the leggings are too much test it out with a cardigan or bag first .. Go on, you know, you wanna!
Click here to visit Coogles


Wear the above with a brightly coloured cable knit jumper or cardigan.. it's a bit matchy, matchy but I'm loving this one! It's for a man but I think it would look great on a more petite size too.





No comments:

Post a Comment